REFLECTOR: Using the starter supply(+) wire as a charge wire

Joe Ewen jewen at comporium.net
Sun Jan 28 19:58:51 CST 2007

Terry,
An ANL is a one time fuse, an overload will leave you with out an alternator.  You may want to consider a Type 1 auto reset circuit breaker.  It will break under overload and will reset when the overload clears.  http://www.delcity.net/delcity/servlet/catalog?parentid3071&page=1

On your earlier discussions about amp meters, you may want to consider an Hall Effect Current Sensor rather than a shunt.  The sensor is a donut shape component that fits around a wire with no exposed connections.  It provides a signal proportional to current flow and direction.  http://www.ampsense.com/

Joe