REFLECTOR: Using the starter supply(+) wire as a charge wire

Jim Agnew jim_agnew_2 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 27 14:43:42 CST 2007

You can do this however remember that the starter cable is like a welding cable and without any circuit breaker protection so a short will cause a fire!  That is the reason for the starter relay to minimize the length of the unprotected wire.  You normally have a CB in the alternator power lead.

Jim

James F. Agnew
Jim_Agnew_2 at Yahoo.Com
Tampa, FL
Velocity 173 Elite Aircraft Completed & Flying