REFLECTOR: Future Symposium

gpoole gpoole at zeta.org.au
Tue Jan 23 19:30:09 CST 2007

Why not have a couple of days before or after for the holiday/fun time
people and leave 2 - 3 days of concentrated info packed symposium for the
die-hards - especially those that come a long way at great expense.  There's
normally plenty of time on the arrival day and at breakfast, lunch & dinner
during the symposium for the social aspects. I can party at home and
elsewhere without having a symposium unnecessarily diluted....

Another hint; get everybody to stay at the same central location at or close
to the Symposium. While I enjoy staying with locals, you don't come all that
way only to miss out on half the symposium and meeting others because you
are billeted far away or your host has an alternative time schedule.  If I
do it again, I will ensure I have a day already at the venue to get my head
together and relax with other early arrivers.

Another thing, focus is everything!....I was surprised to see some of the
companies came very long distances to present at a forum while other forums
were run concurrently. The result was that they only ended up with a handful
of attendees at their session and few of those present were relevant to
their market (eg: Cleveland brakes when most had Matco....etc).

There's my 2cents...

Greg in Sydney.
gregpoole at saaachapter11.com