REFLECTOR: Over Center Gas Strut

Rene Dugas dugasd at bellsouth.net
Wed Jan 17 12:18:02 CST 2007

My gas spring just lost power(pressure) and the slightly reduced
pressure on the overcenter linkage was not pressing the microswitch far
enough to close it.  I have replace my over center gas shock each second
annual and check it with a gear drop about each 3 months in flight.  I
also had some problems before I repaired some looseness in my front gear
bushings.  They had loosened slightly.  I repotted them and used the
newer reinforced plates and bushings now sold with the kit.
Rene'