REFLECTOR: Over Center Gas Strut

Michael Watson mikewatsspg at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 09:41:29 CST 2007

TEC,

I do check all gear functions at each annual, which was done in October
last year. At that time I cycled the gear three times, adjusted both rear
gear doors, 1/8 inch in at the leading edge and 1/16 inch down trailing side.
The dump function was also checked, each time both lights came on.

Last week Saturday, I cycled the gear five times and dumped it twice,
each time the it work flawlessly, no binding anywhere. That afternoon,
I went to KOBE to got some cheap gas and again no nose gear light,
returned to home base (KLNA), this time dumped the gear, no nose gear
light. Very annoying.

I'm not complaining about the strut life span, It's just that it is a bear to
replace.

Mike W.

--
Mike W