REFLECTOR: Gear-up landing

Pat Shea xl340hp at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 13 13:21:20 CST 2007

Mack,

"I read here on the reflector someone said that he
did not think that a warning horn should be installed"

Yikes! What I said was that I chose not to install one
and gave my reasoning for it. I did not say one should
not be installed.

Mack, you draw some funny lines on which regulations
you choose to comply with. I don't agree with many
things the FAA has decided will keep us safe. This is
just one item on a long list. I have other things that
do NOT  COMPLY WITH FEDERAL SAFETY REGULATIONS FOR
STANDARD AIRCRAFT like my non-certified panel mounted
EFIS, my 340HP engine, my airframe. Don't get me
started...

My placard reads:

"PASSENGER WARNING-THIS AIRCRAFT IS AMATEUR-BUILT AND
AND DOES NOT COMPLY WITH FEDERAL SAFETY REGULATIONS
FOR STANDARD AIRCRAFT. THEY DO NOT MEET MY STANDARDS."

Btw, my responses on this e-mail thread are a sure
kiss of death on me having a gear up landing.

Pat