REFLECTOR: Gear-up landing

steve korney s_korney at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 12 18:53:16 CST 2007

Rene'...

I have a Glasair with retracts and the gear electrical system is not the
same on the Glasair and the Velocity...  On the Glasair, the UP side
pressure is controlled by a pressure switch that turns the pump off at 1600
lbs.... On the DOWN side, the pump is controlled by micro switches... The
pump turns off when all three gear are down and locked... We don't have that
problem of pressure bleeding from the high side to the low side and
affecting the up and down switch activation...

Best... Steve