REFLECTOR: accident/incident

len.baxter at gm.com len.baxter at gm.com
Mon Jan 8 09:29:42 CST 2007

Al

 Very sorry to hear of your mishap..... we are have all committed "pilot
error" at one time or anouther..... most the time  the result is less
painfull.    Any thoughts on the best way to warn of an impending "gear up
incident" .... I have been looking at some of the Voice warning systems as
a redundancy to the horn, but would appreciate your thoughts.

Good luck at getting back into the air soon!!!

Len Baxter
XLRG   (just started)

Cell      586-940-9224

__________________

Subject: REFLECTOR: accident/incident

What's up.....?

Yes; sad.  It would have been a nice landing had the gear been down.  One
can always find reasons ? distractions, etc; but it boils down to simply
pilot error.  Even I can?t believe it.

Less damaging than a gear collapse. Relatively smooth ride to a stop.
Bottom of fuselage scraped, slight damage on left wing tip, Catto prop
destroyed. Damaged emotions. Not too bad; considering.  Got jacks under
the wings, lifted the nose, put the gear down, and towed it back to the
hangar.

Al

user:pw Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail