REFLECTOR: Adding a door

lawrence epstein ljepstein at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 2 21:27:21 CST 2007

The original Velocity's were all "top door". When the door was changed to
extend below the strake on both sides, the keel was added/lengthened to add
torsional/longitudinal stiffness lost with the door openings.  You would
need to reproduce this in your airplane. I would stick with the factory
"kit" in this regard, assuming that they kept that in mind when they created
it.

Larry Epstein