REFLECTOR: [SPAM] Adding a door

Scott Baker sbakr at comcast.net
Tue Jan 2 13:17:21 CST 2007

Hiroo,
Velocity has given the option of adding a copilot door to the SUV some thought - and in fact has developed a SUV 2-door conversion kit.  It includes the copilot door with locking and handle mechanism, door window, the door pin receivers, the interior door panel, blue foam to fabricate the strake end panels (both on the door and on the fuel strake), rear carbon door beams for both the pilot and copilot door openings, the door hinges, carbon fiber BID to glass onto the ceiling between the two doors, the door gas strut with mounts and mounting balls, door seal, and door edge guard.  I would not call this a "quick and easy" conversion - but many have done it without difficulty.  It is well worth it - from the standpoint of convenience to the copilot and also for the increased resale value.  I don't have the cost of the 2-door conversion committed to memory.  I'll check on it tomorrow when I'm in the office.
Best regards,
Scott B.