REFLECTOR: Wing Root Protection

NMFlyer1 at aol.com NMFlyer1 at aol.com
Sat Feb 24 11:57:59 CST 2007

The firewall is done and installed and the wing root protection for the large
vertical portion of the wings is done. Does anyone bother putting protection
on the flanges of the wing?  My manual has zero reference to firewall or
wingroot protection.  My setup is different from the plans, I am using thicker
flanges with embeded piano hinge attachments for the cowl (like many RV's and
Lancairs). Seems like the flanges would be fine without additional protection.

Back out to the hangar to start putting the engine mount on for the last time
!

Kurt