REFLECTOR: Starter: B&C or SkyTec

Keith Hallsten KeithHallsten at quiknet.com
Thu Feb 22 19:37:25 CST 2007

Chuck,

The general consensus seems to be that both will spin your motor.  I'm using
a B&C Products starter because of their long-standing reputation for
excellent products.

The field-wound SkyTec starters are a relatively new product, but seem to be
working out fine in the field.  They don't reek of quality in quite the same
way that B&C starters do, but they are a little cheaper.  They do seem to be
better built than the older PM designs that SkyTec still makes.

There's one man's perspective - YMMV.

Keith Hallsten

  _____