REFLECTOR: updraft cooling

Chuck Jensen cjensen at dts9000.com
Sat Feb 17 13:56:00 CST 2007

I've not seen the layout of an updraft cooling system, but does the air
get preheated from passing by the exhaust pipes before it every gets to
the cylinder heads?  If it does, that would greatly increase the volume
of air required because of the reduced delta T across the heads.  By
comparison the top NACAs provide clean, cool air directly to the CHs.
Too simple--I must be missing something?

Chuck Jensen