REFLECTOR: How to protect the battery bus

Keith Hallsten KeithHallsten at quiknet.com
Fri Feb 16 21:40:19 CST 2007

Hiroo,

Why is there a shunt in the starting circuit?  Starting will take several
HUNDRED amps, and there's no need to measure them.  A shunt that will work
at that range won't have much precision for normal electrical system
currents.  What are you really trying to measure?  If you put a shunt in the
alternator "B" lead you will measure what current the alternator is
producing, which seems useful to me.

Keith Hallsten

  _____