REFLECTOR: How to protect the battery bus

John Dibble aminetech at bluefrog.com
Fri Feb 16 16:24:40 CST 2007

I don't believe I have a shunt (I did not build).  Occasionally my
starter will stop for a second during a hard start.  I find that if I
hold the starter button, after a second it will start cranking much
faster for some reason.  Also if I release the starter button and push
it about 1/2 second later, it seems to crank much faster.  The only
problem I've had is losing data in my RMI engine monitor and RMI
encoder.  Now I have all instruments turned off until the engine is
running.
John

Hiroo Umeno wrote:

> Last weekend, I cranked the fickle Franklin one too many times.
>
> (Yes, I am still trying to find out why it simply will not run
  Long