REFLECTOR: main gear brake lines

Rene Dugas dugasd at bellsouth.net
Wed Feb 7 18:11:19 CST 2007

I used a cloudy white tubing from Home Depot.  I do not remember the
size.  I carried a piece and slipped the nylaflow through to confirm the
passage.  Has worked well and is still movable at 450+ hrs flying.  Plan
to replace the nylaflow at 5 yr annual this winter.  I covered mine with
glass and I have not upgraded to the carbon.  I have pulled the gear
door attachment point off the gear leg once on a VERY hard landing at a
fishing camp in North Arkansas on a turf strip.  I repaired it with
epoxy two years ago.

Rene'