REFLECTOR: main gear brake lines

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Wed Feb 7 09:18:27 CST 2007

I'm starting the process of beefing up my main gear legs with carbon
fiber wraps and wanted to ditch the externsl stainless covered rubber
brake lines in favor of embedded nylo-flow lines as per the manual.

Questions:

I have 3/16 nyla-flow running to the firewall from the master
cylinders.  Would it be bad to run 1/8 line down the legs.  I can't
imagine that would restrict the flow during application all that much.

Also I would like to do the soda straw technique or some other way of
building a tube in the leg for the nyla-flow to be inserted into so it
could be changed out easily if needed.  Any great ideas on how to do
this with ease?

Scott

--

-
    The antidote for misuse of freedom of speech is more freedom of speech.

    Molly Ivans