REFLECTOR: Ooops....I did it again!

Jeffrey Clough jclough at gci.net
Tue Feb 6 21:23:02 CST 2007

To protect the windows and windshield....my trailer had about 50 lbs of
gravel/sand and dirt in it when I got to CO.....from spreaders putting
it on the ice on the roads....firewall is too high for damage and the
rear of the spar was protected by a 2x10 bolted on it...
  Dragging it backwards is really a DRAG....my gas mileage was cut in
1/2 and my top speed was about 65 mph...but I think the drag of the
trailer stabilized me on the curvy/hilly/icy roads in Canada and
Alaska...I had no problems at all, but a friend who was a day behind me
had several incidents of sliding off of the same roads in their p/u with
low drag trailer.....
jc