REFLECTOR: Manouevers

gpoole gpoole at zeta.org.au
Tue Feb 6 05:16:19 CST 2007

Hmnnn.it's not April yet is it??

..don't believe Velocity aircraft (or any canard aircraft) were designed for
such manoeuvres Hal - the factory certainly would not recommend (let alone
condone) them and I'd reckon the control surface mounts are not of a design
strength for reverse airflow loads. Wing strength given the G load ratings
is not an issue.

I know that a new unofficial VNE (without flutter) was accidentally achieved
when someone attempted a loop and ended up doing a "split S" - but that was
some time ago. Velocities certainly pick up speed quickly when the nose is
pointed down! Think it was reported that 270kts was established - but I am
not completely sure.  Beyond this there was no other detail provided.

Greg in Sydney
 <mailto:gregpoole at saaachapter11.com> gregpoole at saaachapter11.com