REFLECTOR: Fuel shut off valve

Jim & Sharon Beck jsbeck at charter.net
Thu Dec 27 01:05:27 CST 2007

Andy
I just finished adding a shut off valve last week.  I mounted it on the
floor just inside the door by the seat track seat track. the cable runs back
through the duct. ( only requires a six foot cable from AS.  the bracket has
a hinged cover that tapers to the front so the knob cannot work forward with
the cover closed.  I have a hand grenade type pin in the front and if you
pull the pin the cover pops up ( spring loaded) and allows you to pull the
knob forward to shut off fuel. cover is also covered with barber pole red
and white striped reflectorized tape. no way to inadvertently shut off fuel.
Cover also protects the knob so you cannot damage it entering or exiting.
This worked for me as I am short of panel space and it moves the shut off to
a position where it will never be pulled accidentally.
 Jim
173RG  now 250 hours