REFLECTOR: Canard down in NC?

Ron Brown romott at roadrunner.com
Wed Dec 12 19:41:08 CST 2007

It was a Cozy/Aerocanard belonging to TOUKOLA RISTO.  Eye witnesses at the Statesville airport said they thought the canopy came open as he was taking off.  They think the canvas cover flew out to the back seat and into the prop.

See http://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquiry/nnumsql.asp?NNumbertxt=199JW

He also had a Varieze which is tied down at Lake Norman Airpark.  I have a friend at Statesville who knew Toukola very well and says he just talked with him at 4:30 yesterday.  He had been working some bugs out of the Aerocanard after purchasing the plane after purchasing in august.

Really sad to loose a fellow canardian!!!
Ronnie Brown