REFLECTOR: canard question

Grigore Rosu grigore.rosu at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 15:17:01 CST 2007

 I'm just about to install the bushings for the canard lifts, but I had a
hard time to level the canard perfectly.

It is level both left-right and with respect to the distance to the spar,
but it is stubborn to get perfectly level with respect to the "incidence
block".  BTW, my kit came with a part called "canard rigging board", while
the manual mentions using an "incidence block" to level the canard; are
these the same thing??

So my problem is the following: no matter how much and where I shim it, some
parts of the canard will be level wrt the indicence block, while others will
be slightly off; the differences are not big (for example, the air ball is
still in between the black lines), but I'd like it to be perfect.

I bought a fast built kit, so the canard came already made.  Analyzing it
carefully, it appears that it is not perfect, it is slightly bent is some
places.

Is this something I should worry about right now, or it can
be finely-tuned later?  Where is it more important to be perfectly level,
next to the fuselage/lifts, or towards its endings?

Thank you,
Grigore