REFLECTOR: Crossflow

Brian Michalk michalk at awpi.com
Tue Dec 4 16:08:05 CST 2007

Andy,

Add me to that list ... sort of.
I went the opposite way.  I took my Franklin and added EFI/EI.  I
turbocharged it and welded up my own stainless steel exhaust.

Lot's of hours spent there.  Hard to believe I had my first engine start
more than a year ago.  That damn EFI backup system as easy as it seems
(and it is very simple), is an illusion.  It takes a lot of engineering
to end up with a robust product.  Any mechanically simple system takes
many hours to get right.  Rube Goldbergs are easy.  Simple is difficult.

I'm hoping for a final engine run this month before heading to the airport.