REFLECTOR: Flight data

David Bertram n350tx at tx.rr.com
Mon Aug 27 16:08:10 CDT 2007

On a specially built test stand my Chevy V-8 was putting out 350hp to the
prop.  I have the GM 383 performance engine with a gear drive at 1.73 to 1.
My fuel system is built by Airflow Performance.  It is mechanical.  I run a
dual MSD ignition system.  My prop is a MT three-bladed electric constant
speed recommended  for the Velocity V-8.
T.O. RPM  Prop 2750,  engine 4750
Climb prop 2500, engine 4200
Cruise prop 2100, engine 3750  fuel 15gph, tas 175
Cruise prop 2300, engine 4100  fuel  17gph, tas 185
cruise  prop 2400, engine 4200, fuel 18.5 tas 195
Some of the RPM numbers arent quite correct but they are close, as I am
using my ancient brain cells.  My Chevy has run great and my cooling
problems ended when I put a belly scoop on the cowl for my radiator.
Dave Bertram
N350TX