REFLECTOR: Gear up - or gear down

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Mon Aug 27 14:47:39 CDT 2007

A few other things to consider:

- We have essentially zero seat or

seat belt support for a backwards impact.

You raise a point that I think is somewhat ignored.  I raised this concern
with Velocity some years back during construction but never got a response.
Even with gear up for an off-airport landing, it is quite likely that a
wingtip will drag or hit something, and the plane will not be going straight
ahead.  Any significant rear impact, or; G__ forbid, a cartwheel, and the
front seat occupants are in a heap of trouble.

Tom; you mentioned reinforced seats.  Would you (or have you?) give some
more info on that?  I guess the old 'top load' design would have some
advantage there.

Thanks,

Al