REFLECTOR: towing

Lou Stedman stedmanlou at adelphia.net
Sun Aug 26 09:32:29 CDT 2007

I have looked through the Velocity Manuel but can't seem to find anything about towing. I have a STD FG and am wondering if a tow bar can be used on the castoring wheel? Our airport is having the ramp repaved for the next two weeks. The only access from the t-hangers is through the grass. I am not too excited about taxing my bird through the grass but was not clear about the possibility of towing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I posed a question a while back but it got lost in another subject. Is there an allowable slop in the nose gear strut? Mine has slight movement. What is the repair for this?

Lou Stedman
Velocity N7044Q
Olean, NY