REFLECTOR: INCIDENT PHOTO

David Bertram n350tx at tx.rr.com
Sat Aug 25 14:44:56 CDT 2007

I am glad things worked out for you.  However two years ago I had an engine
failure and landed in a plowed field that was rutted and rough.  I put my
gear down and the only thing damaged was my gear doors.  I have been flying
since 1960 and have always been taught to get all the gear down you can
except when ditching.  The gear will absorb some of the impact.
Dave Bertram
N350TX