REFLECTOR: Incident photo

Chuck c.harbert at comcast.net
Thu Aug 23 13:45:22 CDT 2007

Tom, I talked to you when you were thinking of selling it before you got it
painted. When I saw the paint job, I knew you weren't selling it soon, but I
didn't think you'd have an incident (not accident-no structural damage). I
bellyed mine in and have a similar picture. Like you, it was mostly cosmetic
and I was able to repair it rather quickly. I switched to an a/c engine (
took 2 yrs) and am back flying, but I'm a still a little nervous about
engine sounds, and watch for places to land more than I used to. If I had
another nice plane like you, I probably would have sold it, even though it
really would have hurt.

It such a beautiful plane, that I'd at least get it fixed and flyable.
Somebody will want this super plane and will love it like you do. Have Steve
M do the test flights and training for the new owner, then kiss it good by,
and say thanks for the memories. My wife won't fly in the plane until I get
100 hrs after my experiences, and would really like me to sell it, so I
understand your predicament.

Good luck!

Chuck H

p.s. I'd put a normal mag on one side as a backup.