REFLECTOR: Incident/Accident

MMurp16900 at aol.com MMurp16900 at aol.com
Thu Aug 23 10:50:07 CDT 2007

Hi Tom
I am so glad you discovered the  reason for the failed engine.
We were all scratching or heads wondering the why prop went in to high  pitch.
   We Installed on our XL IO 540  Unison LASAR electronic  ignition .Normally
both mags are electrically powered If the electronic  score is lost both mags
revert to regular magnet operation and the left mag  has impulse drive if the
controller fails the engine will start and run.  This option is called the
bush kit.
Tom We hope you don't part out this airplane .I looks easy to fix.Let Steve
or I know how we may help.
Regards
Mack