REFLECTOR: ENGINE OUT MYSTERY SOLVED

Terry Miles terrence_miles at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 22 13:00:35 CDT 2007

Tom,

I think we can all learn from what happened to you and what Pat Shea was
saying too.  Did you have a battery failure as part of this?  Could it be
that a power or ground wire on the EI componentary went out?  I have a Jeff
Rose and there are 3 components that need separate power and ground.  The
coils, the control box, and the map sensor.  How did you determine the
power-backup transfer device to be at fault?  I think it is good to look at
all three whether it was prop (rotation) or ignition, or fuel as your power
loss source.

Thanks for helping us all understand this better.

Oh, and great job getting it down safely...that's what always matters the
most.

Terry