REFLECTOR: seal bulkheads before baffles?

bdtopp at comcast.net bdtopp at comcast.net
Thu Aug 2 10:03:56 CDT 2007

TEC,
   I don't believe anybody is sealing the portion of the strake that is directly under a bulkhead or baffle.  I know I didn't.  In theory, fuel should never see that area if you have a really good coat of Jeffco on everything including a nice bead on the top of the baffles and bulkheads when closing out the strake.

Bruce

From: HYTEC45 at aol.com

Doesn't seem like anyone addressed this directly, and it's to late now, however.  In "my" theory, if you glass in the baffles first then coat everything with whatever sealant you plan to use, the area of the strake under the baffle will not be sealed except with what was there prior to installing the baffles.

TEC