REFLECTOR: Blue Mountain EIFS

Alex alex157 at pwhome.com
Tue Apr 24 14:07:43 CDT 2007

Hi Larry,

I agree with you about expectations- difference is that I have had my unit
for only 17 months and it is already "10 year old technology" according to
Blue Mountain - not sure how that adds up, but I am not happy about it- also
they promised WX 500 interface and WXI weather- won't have those as it turns
out- and the basis of their sales pitch was that "unlike other units", their
features would upgrade via software- only things that have been changed have
been patches to get the units working properly, and current maps- no "new
features as they become available" and unfortunately the motherboard
manufacturer did die, and now Blue Mountain can not source replacements. The
G4 boards are built in house, so no such problem with them I hope.

Alex