REFLECTOR: Blue Mountain EIFS

Craig and Denise Woolston cdwoolston at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 23 09:06:58 CDT 2007

We don't have an EFIS One but we have a EFIS Lite G3.  I too talked with
Greg during Sun-N-Fun and basically got the same story about the G3 Lites.
Other than a major bug fix all software updates to the G3 are going to stop.
You can pay to swap a Lite G4 for your G3 but the processor and memory are
"tapped out" on the G3 version, so no more software updates.

IMHO, Blue Mountain is OVERLOADED and there customer service is crappy
because of it.  They have always promised big and have been late to deliver.
I just think it's the nature of their company.

On the other hand, we have dual GRT Horizon I's.  Which have gotten new
features on about a 6 month cycle (weather, traffic, terrain, etc).  But
they also have announced that the first versions are tapped out in graphics
power and to get synthetic terrain we need to upgrade to a new
screen/processing unit.  Again a several thousand dollar upgrade.

GRT has been just the opposite in customer service (I think they learned
what not to do from BMA).  Don't promise anything until the product is
running.  They have been great to work with.

Craig Woolston
XL-5FG Flying both GRT and BMA.