REFLECTOR: Blue Mountain EIFS

Tom Martino tmartino at troubleshooter.com
Mon Apr 23 00:26:03 CDT 2007

It is not the fact that new stuff comes along.  We all know this is
inevitable.  However ... Several years ago The Federal Trade Commission came
down on companies for not supporting what they sold.  Although there were no
³hard and fast² rules ... It was considered an unethical business practice
to product something and NOT have parts available.  In the case of BMA there
will be no spare parts in the very near future.  Believe me .. There are
many corporate executives who love to serve passive consumers who say ³Oh
well ... That's the way it goes.²  But that is NOT the way it goes with
reputable companies.  And there have been many court precedents to prove it.
It is not reasonable that people spend thousands of dollars and not have
parts available.  No one expects technology to stand still ... But there is
no excuse for NOT supporting a customer base.  If you want to bend over and
take, go ahead.

The second issue is that of misrepresentation.  When you make specific
promises about a product to get people to buy it and those promised are
untrue ... That is called:  Fraud in the inducement.  And oh ... That is not
the way things go.  It is wrong.