REFLECTOR: Blue Mountain EIFS

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Mon Apr 23 00:08:44 CDT 2007

One thing all of us who lust after glass panels are going to have to get use

to is how quickly this equipment is going to be obsolete.  It's not just BMA

who has these issues.  All the manufacturers are in the same boat.  Even

Garmin.  Just watch.  In 5 years the +$80,000 G1000 will be replaced by

something that will makes it look like an Atari 2600.  The Garmin 396 wasn't

even out for 1 full year when they announced the 496.  Anyone who bought the

396 can't be too happy about that deal.

There is nothing you can do about it.  It's the nature of the business.

Darrell

I'm very sorry to hear about the lack of support for the Blue Mountain.  I
just thought it worth noting that I bought my GRT Horizon EFIS over two
years ago (jan -05), and it has been completely upgradeable through the most
recent versions; including traffic and weather - and of course the terrain
scales with the range setting.  Easy downloads of upgrades from their
website to a memory stick; plug into USB port and upgrade. Customer service
has been great.  So I guess it depends on who you buy it from.

5 years?  I don't know.  We'll see.  By then I'll probably want to upgrade
the panel anyway.

Al