REFLECTOR: Thermocouple Wire

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Sun Apr 22 16:17:22 CDT 2007

After talking to Dynon about what to use I bought 4 pair, shielded 24
awg stranded cable.  With my TIT  prope that will give me 3 extra
pairs.  Omega was the only online source I could find.  Newark only has
single pair unshielded cable.

http://www.omega.com/ppt/pptsc.asp?ref=4KX_MULTIPAIR_CABLE&nav=temh10

The multipair cable is lighter and quite a bit smaller(diameter) than
running single pair cables even with the extra pair.  With 4 pair cable
I will be running 2 cables to each side of the engine, one type K and
one type J, instead of running 6 single pair cables to each side.

Dynon said that with the long run for a pusher combined with the glass
airframe I should use shielded.

Scott

--

-
    What county can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time that its people preserve the spirit of resistance.

    Thomas Jefferson