REFLECTOR: Elevator Trim Assembly

Joe Ewen jewen at comporium.net
Sun Apr 15 12:34:23 CDT 2007

What about 173s?
Joe
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: John Dibble
  To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
  Sent: Sunday, April 15, 2007 1:28 PM
  Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Elevator Trim Assembly

  The issue is not having enough down trim (elevator up) at cruise.  IMO the problem is specific to the standard Vs, but maybe someone with an XL can comment.  I would make the decision based on comments from flying XLs, probably fly first.  Reversing the sparrow strainer will greatly increase the trim range.
  John

  Jorge Bujanda wrote:

    I vaguely remember some discussion about how the location where the elevator trim actuator attaches to the fiberglass elevator trim spring affects proper range and functioning of the elevator. I seem to recall that some pilots had to move that point up or down for this. The manual calls for attachment "approximately 3"
    down from the top of the spring".Is the need to move it something that needs to be determined after the airplane is flying or are there known issues with the manual's suggested location? I will appreciate any feedback and pictures or links to them. Thanks

    Regards,

    Jorge Bujanda
    Velocity XL FG

    Palmdale, CA
    Website:  http://members.dslextreme.com/users/jbujanda/

    "Make your best case... not the best case."
    "Spare the noise... convince through silence."

user:pw Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail

  user:pw   Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail