REFLECTOR: Elevator Trim Assembly

Jorge Bujanda bujanda at dslextreme.com
Sun Apr 15 11:09:35 CDT 2007

I vaguely remember some discussion about how the location where the elevator trim actuator
attaches to the fiberglass elevator trim spring affects proper range and functioning of
the elevator.  I seem to recall that some pilots had to move that point up or down for
this.  The manual calls for attachment "approximately 3"
down from the top of the spring".  Is the need to move it something that needs to be
determined after the airplane is flying or are there known issues with the manual's
suggested location?  I will appreciate any feedback and pictures or links to them.  Thanks

Regards,
Jorge Bujanda
Velocity XL FG
Palmdale, CA
Website:  http://members.dslextreme.com/users/jbujanda/

"Make your best case... not the best case."
"Spare the noise... convince through silence."