REFLECTOR: Panel Changes

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Thu Apr 12 11:17:53 CDT 2007

I'm going to be installing two Dynon instruments. One an EFIS an the other an EMS(Engine Monitor System).  I have 8 3.125 instruments in an extended 6 pack configuration.  The standard 6 pack plus two CDI's to the right, one for the GPS the other for the VOR/ILS.  Two rows of 4 instruments. Because of the size of the Dynon units the easiest place to install them is where the CDI units are.

So I now have 8 holes and 10 instruments.  2 have to go. I'm looking for input as to which two instruments to ditch and why you think so...

First some info on the existing instruments.
	1.) The AI & DG are integral to my auto pilot so for now they must stay. This also gives me redundancy for gyro instruments, one set vacuum the other electric.
	2.) The GPS course will be displayed on the Dynon when the EFIS or EMS is in HSI mode, but they don't have a course indicator when it is in AI mode.. Not sure when they expect to get that added.
	3.) The VOR/ILS can not be displayed on the Dynon, incompatible interface.

I have attached an image of what the panel looks like and possible layouts I have come up with. I welcome any comments..

thanks, Scott

--

-
    The only security of all is in a free press. The force of public opinion cannot be resisted when permitted freely to be expressed. The agitation it produces must be submitted to. It is necessary, to keep the waters pure.

    Thomas Jefferson to Lafayette, 1823. ME 15:491