REFLECTOR: ADC oil filter

John Dibble aminetech at bluefrog.com
Wed Apr 11 15:14:54 CDT 2007

I'm very impressed with the ADC oil filter I just installed.  My oil had
20 hours and the typical dark brown color.  I decided to leave it to see
what the filter would do.  I wasn't expecing a miracle.........
After 1 hour of flight time I checked the oil and the level was lower
than expected.  It turned out to be a false reading from unfiltered oil
that clung to the dipstick.  After I wiped the stick, and checked the
level again, it came out as clean as if I had just changed the oil.
Now I have to find a way to read the oil level as it is difficult when
the oil is so clean.
Thanks Mike W for the ADC suggestion.

John