REFLECTOR: RG Questions

MMurp16900 at aol.com MMurp16900 at aol.com
Wed Apr 11 10:26:40 CDT 2007

Hi Larry
I would like to discus main gear  installation.
AC4313-1B  par f states"nylon self-locking nuts are not installed in  areas
where temperatures exceed 250 F"
So I recommend that all nuts on engine side of the fire wall be metal
locknuts or castellated nuts.
The standard Velocity pivot bolt should 1/2 inch grade 8 and the XL should
be 5/8 inch also grade 8.
Aircraft grade bolts are grade 5 and very expensive.
Yes the bolt should be tight and should not rotate.It should be  GREASED each
100 hours..
The factory agrees steal bushings pressed in the gear leg rotates on  the
secure bolt.
The factory is considering a change in this design.
Regards
Mack Murphree A/P I. A. EAA technical consular