REFLECTOR: Pressure testing

David Staten Dastaten at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 10 20:52:30 CDT 2007

Math time.

1 PSI is overkill. Even Half a PSI is too much. A water manometer to
handle 1 psi would need to be nearly 4 feet tall.  If you can make a
water manometer that can accurately measure something on the order of 12
INCHES of water pressure, and HOLD that water pressure for hours and
days, you can establish the presence or absence of a leak. Fuel tanks in
these planes are just not meant to hold pressure.

Dave