REFLECTOR: Dead Aeroflash power unit

Chuck Jensen cjensen at dts9000.com
Mon Apr 9 14:20:56 CDT 2007

Hiroo,

Replacing the capacitors in flash units was discussed extensively in the
Aeroelectric List (though it might have been Lancair, Canard or RV).
The gist of it was that you can use the standard replacement capacitors.
Those capacitors will blow out in a year or two, but the hi-tech
photo-flash capacitors though lasting longer, will cost about $40--so
the census was replace them every couple years and not worry about it.

Chuck Jensen