REFLECTOR: Wheel clearance at wheel well

Joe Ewen jewen at comporium.net
Wed Apr 4 07:40:40 CDT 2007

Andy,
Based on some previous discussion on the reflector, I was concerned about making the clearances too tight.  I calculated the fuel volume loss if I were to increase the clearance to 3/4 and found it was less than 1 gallon (can't recall if that was total or per side.)  I did not see any other downsides, so to play it safe I used 3/4".  I used lengths of 1 X 2 to establish the clearance.
Joe (Not Flying Yet, but have retracted numerous times with no issues.)