REFLECTOR: PERFECTO -- THEN MURPHY'S LAW

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Mon Apr 2 10:54:20 CDT 2007

However, I am sure this has happened before.  So my question is:  "What is
the most likely reason?"

How is the condition of the gas strut?  When the "shock" compresses (on a
good bounce) then rebounds the over-center could snap out of the over-center
position if there is no, or little strut pressure.  Strut should be checked
at each annual.  They are cheep, and "fairly easy" to replace with the right
tool.

TEC

I agree about periodic check of the gas strut, but it should only come into
play if there is hydraulic failure.  Otherwise the gear cylinder would keep
it locked down.

Al