REFLECTOR: PERFECTO -- THEN MURPHY'S LAW

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Sun Apr 1 14:39:05 CDT 2007

When he got to Greeley airport he made a perfect landing . but on roll out
at around 50 MPH, the NOSE GEAR COLLAPSED!

We managed to get it hauled off the runway into a hangar.  Fortunately,
there was very minor damage.

I did not have time to evaluate what happened.  I will send some of my AP
buddies (who helped in the construction) out there on Monday to look it
over.

However, I am sure this has happened before.  So my question is:  "What is
the most likely reason?"

Tom;

As Sid says - not enough info.  If the gear was down and locked (green light
on), the linkage should be over center and stay that way.  Failure then is
most likely a mechanical failure.  If it was not, could also be hydraulic
system malfunction.

FWIW,

Al