REFLECTOR: Rotary

David Staten Dastaten at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 29 15:26:41 CDT 2006

His point was that compared to a conventional aircraft engine, the "off
the shelf, firewall forward/aft solution" doesn't exist in the Rotary
engine.. You can buy, and bolt on a complete air cooled package with
minimal engineering and follow in the footsteps of thousands of others...

Doing so in the rotary means you are likely following in the footsteps
of one or two others, depending on your installation.. or even blazing
your own trail. You WILL have issues that need to be worked through...
with time and patience. The return on the investment is the potential
for much cheaper initial and ongoing operating costs. If you aren't
mechanically inclined enough to deal with these sorts of issues as they
arise, then Tracy is saying.. "dont go there".

Just my two cents...

Dave
(building on a rotary powered Velocity with Chris Barber)