REFLECTOR: 24 volt electrical system

Douglas Holub doug.holub at comcast.net
Wed Sep 27 12:29:48 CDT 2006

I've decided to use 24 volts and LED lighting. 24 volts cuts my current requirements in half, and LED lighting consumes about 1/10th the power of incandescent lamps. It looks like a 20 amp, 24 volt alternator will be all I'll need. I'm going to put that B&C SD20 on the vaccuum pad and use it as my primary alternator, eliminating the weight and the moment of the belt driven alternator near the propeller.

And I encourage everyone to look at those Odyssey batteries from Enersys (www.enersys.com). They seem to be the next level in capacity and durability. I'm using two PC680's in series.

Doug Holub
Standard, top-door, FG w/ electric nose lift