REFLECTOR: Primer Works

Laurence Coen lwcoen at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 25 11:50:31 CDT 2006

Steve,

You must have a Lycoming.  Red line CHT for a Franklin is 392F.  I'm using
downdraft cooling and the CHT probes are in wells on the top of the cylinder
which may account for the lower than expected readings.  Also note that I
was running a fairly low power setting.  During a long climb the
temperatures do rise into the mid 300's.

Larry Coen
N136LC SE/RG Franklin/IVO