REFLECTOR: I'm Pitot(ed) off

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Thu Sep 21 19:30:14 CDT 2006

Chuck;

I think you are looking for a AN 5813-1; 28 volt, heated.  That's what I
have in the nose of my plane.  I think when I bought mine it was $129.  AS&S
now has it for $645.  I hope mine never goes bad.

It works fine on 12V when it is mostly shrouded as it is in this
installation.  Be sure to insulate from the fiberglass.

Al

Subject: REFLECTOR: I'm Pitot(ed) off

As Little Richard would say, "help, help, help me"--too bad you can't hear
the falsetto and waving hands!

I'm looking for a 12v heated pitot that fits on the pointy-nose of an
airplane....not a right angle type. Just a straight bayonet that mounts in
the nose. I know they make 'em because I have one that's only about 3 years
old (but now inoperable for reasons I'll not go into). I checked AS&S, Wicks
and the usual suspects, but they don't seem to have what I'm looking
for--all right angle jobs. Any leads or ideas?

Chuck Jensen